Money could not be sent from the cash app to Chime Bank through a phone number. It went through immediately when I transferred it again in person. For many people, it’s probably not important, but I’m sure it is for some – especially when you’re already at the grocery store and it’s time to pay for your groceries. Because you don’t want to make another trip just to deal with that, I wanted to try it out for myself
An Explanation in Detail
- After you receive your grocery receipt, you go to the cashier to pay for your groceries. While paying for your kinds of stuff, you tell the cashier you want to send money to a different account. In order to verify the money, you will need the phone number of the history from which you are sending money, as well as the recipient, so they can transfer it to their app.
- Following verification, the cashier will enter the amount you wish to transfer using the keypad. When the money is sent, your fingerprint or passcode will be required.
- At this point, I have used this method so many times that it became second nature to me. You’re not supposed to do that, but it just shows how convenient the service is – I was able to do this while holding my groceries in one arm and my phone in the other.
- I’d like to take this process into the world of cash apps/chime banks, where you can transfer money to your chime account through the cash app. Our plan is to use a non-working phone number (I would prefer not to use my cell since I need it to be serviced) and send money from my bank account to that account.
Let’s put it to the test
- Go to the cashier with your grocery receipt and your phone in hand. Show them your tickets, and tell them you’d like to transfer funds from another account.
- You’ll need to know the account number and amount you want to send as well as the number of the account you’re transferring from. When they tell you to, enter those.
- By entering your account name & phone number, you will be asked to verify your transfer. Since this transfer is not tied to any account, it will go through successfully.
- To complete the transfer, they’ll need your fingerprint or passcode to verify the transaction. What’s the difference between Chime Bank/Cash App and Grocery Store?
- Wow! It seems like the cashier only verifies a transaction when it has gone through successfully. So when I try to grab my groceries and head out, the cashier says, “Oh, that is not allowed since it says there has been a failed transaction.”
How Can Money Be Sent Online Instantly?
- Both the cash app apk and Chime Bank have a problem, because neither checks if the transfer has gone through. Both apps could offer a small note that says, “We need to verify the transfer before it is complete” or something similar – especially since there can be multiple users with the same name.
- I am sure the cash app does its best to keep the app safe, but it is not perfect, especially if you are using the same number as someone else. I’m sure an update will be released soon to correct this specific error.
- The chime bank itself has no control over the verification process used by the cash app. They can, however, be stricter about the verification process. I’d rather play it safe than sorry if they can require a pin or extra step before the transfer goes through – even though the transfer is only worth $100 at most.
- Hopefully, one day both the cash app and the Chime Bank will be updated so they can work seamlessly together to transfer money safely – but until then, let’s hope Chime Bank steps up their verification efforts.